Looking to sell this Spring? Get prepared for your Easter break
Here are some tips to try and crack a sale this Easter:
- DO inform your agent that you are going away – and above all, leave them a key. There is nothing worse than having to turn away interested viewers in your absence because the agent has no access to your home.
- DO ensure your home is spotless if you are going away for a few days.
- DO empty household rubbish bins, make sure all work surfaces are clean and tidy, clear out magazine racks, ensure that draining boards and sinks are clear of washing up and the dishwasher is empty. A couple of strategically-placed air fresheners or diffusers will ensure a pleasant aroma in your home.
- DON’T leave any washing hanging over the radiators, dying flowers in a vase or fruit past its best in the bowl. Give your home a general once-over to ensure there is no clutter lying about.
- Finally, DO make sure your agent has a contact number in case they need to call you about that all important offer!
Our head of estate agency Su Snaith said: “The Easter break is a great time to recharge your batteries after the winter months – but for those people who are looking to move, it presents a wonderful opportunity to go house hunting.
“If your home is for sale and you are planning a few days away over Easter, it is certainly worth doing some simple checks to ensure your home is presented in the best possible light should your agent arrange a viewing in your absence.”